This One-Pan Spicy Shrimp and Rice recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that requires only one pan. The combination of tender shrimp, fluffy rice, and spicy Granddaddy's secret sauce creates a bold and flavorful dish that will impress your family and friends. This dish is perfect for busy weeknights or for quick and easy entertaining. Enjoy!
-1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
-1 cup of long-grain white rice
-1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
-1 cup of chicken broth
-1/2 cup of diced onion (green, white or both)
-1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper
-1/4 cup of Granddaddy's secret sauce
-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the diced onion and green bell pepper, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the rice to the skillet, and stir to coat it in the oil and vegetables.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and Granddaddy's secret sauce, and stir to combine.
5. Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet, and stir to distribute them evenly.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and cover the skillet with a lid.
7. Let the rice simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
8. Add the shrimp to the skillet, and stir to distribute them evenly.
9. Cover the skillet again, and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve hot.