Enjoy the irresistible combination of juicy chicken, flavorful vegetables, melted cheese, and the spicy kick of Granddaddy's secret sauce in every bite. These skewers are perfect for a backyard barbecue or a casual gathering with friends and family. Prepare to savor the smoky and tangy flavors that will make your taste buds sing with delight!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Skewers with Vegetables and Cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced in 1/4 rounds
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks (or any color)
- 8-10 mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 cup Granddaddy's secret sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your preferred type)
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken cubes and Granddaddy's secret sauce. Toss until the chicken is well coated. Allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
3. Thread the marinated chicken, onion chunks, green pepper chunks, zucchini rounds, and mushroom halves alternately onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 20 minutes before threading to prevent them from burning.
4. Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables have a slight char.
5. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the skewers during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Close the grill lid to allow the cheese to melt.
6. Carefully remove the skewers from the grill and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Serve the Grilled BBQ Chicken Skewers with Vegetables and Cheese as a main course accompanied by your favorite barbecue sides such as corn on the cob, baked beans, or coleslaw.
- Drizzle some extra Granddaddy's secret sauce over the skewers before serving for an additional burst of flavor.
- Serve the skewers with warm tortillas or pita bread, allowing your guests to create their own delicious wraps or tacos.